It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:40 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:07 pm 
Neophyte

Hi, newbie here.

I have a question: i have an open contract sa company pero malapit na bakasyon ko (this coming april 2010).

My problem goes this way; does anybody know kung okay lang ba na mag exit-retry sa Saudi pero wala nang plano bumalik? My reason na mag exit-re entry just to expedite ang papers ko para makauwi agad ako sa target date ko. If mag file naman ako ng exit based on my observation sa company tagal ang action pipapatapos pa ang expiry ng IQAMA for me which is (July 2010) pa. Ito lang kasi naisip ko na solusyon.

Makakaapekto ba ito sa application ko to another country in middle east also just like Qatar or Dubai if ever i got another offer pag uwi ko.

Please help naman po based sa experience ninyo.

Thanks for this site.

Regards sa lahat.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:17 pm 
Regular

It would not affect nor would have any bearing on your application in any other middle eastern countries EXCEPT Saudi Arabia. From what I know, you would be prohibited to enter (a.k.a. ban) to work in Saudi Arabia for a certain period of time (1 year?). The practice of securing a re-entry visa is common for people who upon going on a vacation in the Philippines would try their luck in other countries... If they somehow get better job some places else with far more better pay and benefits, they would no longer go back to Saudi Arabia. However, those who were unlucky find themselves going back to Saudi Arabia to work again precisely because they have a re-entry visa. The re-entry visa ploy is for the purpose of making sure that you would still have an overseas work in case you failed to obtain employment from other companies in other countries EXCEPT Saudi Arabia.

NOW... If filing for a vacation and having a re-entry visa will expedite everything including your arrival date to perhaps process your application in other countries EXCEPT Saudi Arabia, then go for it. You will only have a problem if you will re-enter Saudi Arabia with other employer BUT NOT with other employers from other middle eastern countries not named Saudi Arabia. Just make sure you would somehow be able to obtain an employment certificate attesting the fact that you indeed work in Saudi Arabia in your current employer. Make excuses... Tell your HR you need an employment certificate because banks in the Philippines need to determine your legitimacy of source of income in order to buy or invest in something :>) BUT never give nor arouse suspicion that you don't have any intention of going back again. Or better yet, try to secure an employment certificate ala Recto style.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:14 pm 
Neophyte

:lol: ...galing mo talaga vilms pagdating sa ganito...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:02 pm 
Senior

We have a former employee for whom applied for a short leave for some urgent reasons, secured an exit re entry visa from our company, and went straight away to dubai and is currently working there up to present.

Some points:

1. Kung nakapag Biometrics ka na, using the same passport or even a renewed one, you will be required to be away by minimum of 2 years (according ito sa mods natin na nag advise din sakin)
2. Kung aalis ka na lang kaagad, some others will be suspicious in a way that you will be required to pack all your belongings and send by freight immediately, which might create a negative impact on your status and eventually may be a ground for them to hold you for quite some time or worst, ban you for fooling them (i hope not).
3. You wont enjoy your separation pay if you served more than 2 years there.

Think about it muna kuya, this is a big gamble and if you have already adopted the middle east life, staying here in the Philippines for 2 years is a big sacrifice for you!